[Spacewalk-list] Updates shown in Spacewalk but not on clients.

Speagle, Andy andy.speagle at wichita.edu
Wed Jun 29 15:57:19 UTC 2011

> > > I suspect this has probably been covered in a previous post, but I
> > couldn't seem to find it with a quick search.  This is something
> > recent that has cropped up.  I have clients for which Spacewalk shows
> > updated to be installed... but the hosts cannot see them.  I've tried
> > clearing the yum cache and the repodata on the Spacewalk server shows
> > that it has been rebuilt this morning... and I see the packages in
> > question in the packages directory on the Spacewalk server.
> > >
> > > But... when I try to schedule the updates via Spacewalk... or
> > > manually
> > install them using yum on the client... they aren't available.
> > >
> > > Has anyone seen this issue?
>
> > Check /etc/yum.conf and make sure plugins=1 is there. If not add it
> > and that should resolve your issue. I have had this same issue in my
> > environment.
>
> Thanks for looking.. but, sadly, this isn't my issue.  A simple 'yum
> repolist' shows all of my Spacewalk channels as expected.  The value is
> set correctly in /etc/yum.conf ...

Well... whilst grasping at straws, I believe I've stumbled across a fix, though I'm having some difficulty understanding it.  I decided to update all packages on my Spacewalk server.  Of those updates, the only things relevant seemed to be:

cobbler
jabberpy

But, also included was a kernel update, so I rebooted ye olde Spacewalk server and once it came back up, the same servers that couldn't see the updates locally... could now see them.

Can anyone speculate as to what might have been the issue?