[Spacewalk-list] Database full

Sander Grendelman sander at grendelman.com
Fri Mar 11 08:30:40 UTC 2011

On Thu, Mar 10, 2011 at 03:51:47PM -0500, Evan Frey wrote:
> I recently had my database hit the 5G wall.  I deleted 5000+ packages,
> 12 channels, 6 kickstart and 6 distro trees but do not see the space
> reclaimed.  Is there something I need to do (besides compacting the
> database which has not worked) to true up my database?

You might want to try the "alter table <table> shrink space" command on
some large tables, you probably have to enable row movement first.

It's probably a good idea to make a back-up before attempting this.

Another option would be to do an export-import of your data.

* Export your spacewalk tablespace.
* Remove oracle XE and it's databases completely.
* (Re)install oracle XE.
* Import your spacewalk tablespace.

Or you could cough up some money to oracle and use a standard edition
one DB: http://www.oracle.com/us/products/database/std-one/index.html

Regards,

Sander Grendelman.