[Spacewalk-list] Database full

Michael Mraka michael.mraka at redhat.com
Mon Mar 14 21:39:41 UTC 2011

Evan Frey wrote:
% That worked perfectly, thanks!  Also it got my boss to consider
% purchasing a full license for Oracle.  Are there any guides for
% migrating spacewalk from oracle xe to oracle standard?

http://www.google.com/search?hl=en&pws=0&q=spacewalk+migrate+oracle&btnI=I%27m+Feeling+Lucky

% >>I recently had my database hit the 5G wall.  I deleted 5000+
% >>packages,  12 channels, 6 kickstart and 6 distro trees but do
% >>not see the space  reclaimed.  Is there something I need to do
% >>(besides compacting the  database which has not worked) to true
% >>up my database?
% >>
% >
% >You might want to try the "alter table <table> shrink space"
% >command on
% >some large tables, you probably have to enable row movement first.
% >
% >It's probably a good idea to make a back-up before attempting this.
% >Another option would be to do an export-import of your data.
% >
% >* Export your spacewalk tablespace.
% >* Remove oracle XE and it's databases completely.
% >* (Re)install oracle XE.
% >* Import your spacewalk tablespace.
% >
% >Or you could cough up some money to oracle and use a standard edition
% >one DB: http://www.oracle.com/us/products/database/std-one/index.html

Michael Mráka
Satellite Engineering, Red Hat