[Spacewalk-list] spacewalk 1.4 (nightly) problem installing package from spacewalk to a client

wodel youchi wodel_doom at yahoo.fr
Thu Mar 17 10:04:16 UTC 2011

Hi, and excuse my english

I've installed spacewalk 1.3 (i386) on centos 5.5 i386, and I had to update some packages from the nightly repository to fix the rhn-search problem.

Now I have almost everything working but, I can't install packages from spacewalk web UI to a client, I get this error when I shcedule an installation:

Client execution returned "Failed: Packages failed to install properly: No package(s) available to install" (code 32)

However, when I execute yum search package from the client, the package is found and I can install it.

I've made some googling, but I haven't found a useful answer.

I have another question, concerning the software channels, when creating a new orgnaization, the only way I have found to use the software channels created by the super user in the defaut organization, is to make the new organization trustful by the default one, is that how it works?

thank you.