[Spacewalk-list] reposync Non-UTF Encoding in RPMs

Flaherty, Patrick pflaherty at wsi.com
Tue Mar 22 22:44:31 UTC 2011

I just switched over to a postgres backend for my spacewalk 1.3 setup.
So far, there have been a couple centos 5 packages that don't import
correctly when I spacewalk-repo-sync from the command line.

# rpm -qf `which spacewalk-repo-sync`
 spacewalk-backend-tools-1.3.57-1.el5

Packages:
* aspell-is-0.51.1-2.2.2-50.i386
* man-pages-da-0.1.1-12.1.1-0.noarch

http://pastebin.com/047jy19W

Both of those packages appear to have non-utf8 characters in filename
paths which I guess could be the the problem. I'm capture the output of
the import, there may be more packages that show the same behavior.

So I can file the bug in the right place, does this look like:
* a spacewalk bug?
* a spacewalk postgres backend bug?
* a centos packaging bug?

What other information should I include in my bug report?

Thanks,
Patrick