[Spacewalk-list] simple question about updates

jason at monsterjam.org jason at monsterjam.org
Mon May 2 18:28:14 UTC 2011

On Fri, Apr 29, 2011 at 04:20:02PM -0500, Jonathan DeHaan wrote:
> Jason,
>
> Almost that simple. You also have to make sure your systems are subscribed to
> your update channel, and then tell the systems to update. You can do the
> update a variety of ways - remote command 'yum -y update', Systems -> Overview
> -> {system} -> Software -> Packages -> Upgrade, create and deploy Errata for
> your update, etc.

ok, thanks for that info.. I created my "updates" channel and did a
spacewalk-repo-sync to get the rpms into it. I got no errors uploading them btw.  then I sybscribed my system to it in spacewalk..
now when I try to check for updates, I get

[root at old-neon ~]# yum check-update
Loaded plugins: downloadonly, rhnplugin, security
Error: Cannot retrieve repository metadata (repomd.xml) for repository: updates. Please verify its path and try again
[root at old-neon ~]#

not sure if its related, but when I try to get the details on this system via the webpage @
/rhn/systems/details/Overview.do?sid=1000010020

(ive verified that 1000010020  is the correct ID.
I get the dreaded ISE

The server experienced a problem which prevented your request from being filled out. It may not be possible to execute this action at this time.

Please help us correct this problem by contacting us with details of how you received this message.

suggestions?

regards,
Jason