[Spacewalk-list] Problem(s) for newbie or 404 Error - File Not Found

Ivan Pavlenko i.pavlenko at unsw.edu.au
Wed May 4 00:45:56 UTC 2011

Hello ALL,

I'm really exited to joint the club. :) Now I'm playing with the latest
version of Postgresql Spacewalk. We have Zenworks Linux Management CC
but Novell is going to be drop the support off next year and my company
and me start looking around. today I've successfully(?) installed
Spacewalk but have several issues. First, I've got message:

# /usr/sbin/spacewalk-service restart
Shutting down spacewalk services...
Stopping RHN Taskomatic...
RHN Taskomatic was not running.
Stopping cobbler daemon:                                   [  OK  ]
Stopping rhn-search...
rhn-search was not running.
Stopping MonitoringScout ...
[ OK ]
Stopping Monitoring ...
[ OK ]
Stopping httpd:                                            [  OK  ]
Stopping tomcat5:                                          [  OK  ]
Shutting down osa-dispatcher:                              [  OK  ]
Terminating jabberd processes ...
Stopping router:                                           [  OK  ]
Stopping sm:                                               [  OK  ]
Stopping c2s:                                              [  OK  ]
Stopping s2s:                                              [  OK  ]
Done.
Starting spacewalk services...
Initializing jabberd processes ...
Starting router:                                           [  OK  ]
Starting sm:                                               [  OK  ]
Starting c2s:                                              [  OK  ]
Starting s2s:                                              [  OK  ]
Starting osa-dispatcher: RHN 28189 2011/05/04 10:16:00 +11:00: ('Error
caught:',)
RHN 28189 2011/05/04 10:16:00 +11:00: ('Traceback (most recent call
last):\n  File "/usr/share/rhn/osad/jabber_lib.py", line 112, in
main\n    config = self.read_config()\n  File
"/usr/share/rhn/osad/osa_dispatcher.py", line 53, in read_config\n
raise ValueError("Username not specified")\nValueError: Username not
specified\n',)
                                                            [  OK  ]
Starting tomcat5:                                          [  OK  ]
Waiting for tomcat to be ready ...
Starting httpd:                                            [  OK  ]
Starting Monitoring ...
[ OK ]
Starting MonitoringScout ...
[ OK ]
Starting rhn-search...
Starting cobbler daemon:                                   [  OK  ]
Starting RHN Taskomatic...
Done.
#

And second, when I try to open web-page of my Spacewalk server I've got
404 Error - File Not Found. What file the system is looking for? What
user name hasn't been specified? Where I can find more information about
this? What log file(s) could keep(s) more details about these errors?

Thank you in advance,
Ivan.