[Spacewalk-list] SLES11 SP1 spacewalk-channel-sync fails - duplicate dependencies

Martin Zehetmayer angrox at idle.at
Wed May 4 12:10:41 UTC 2011

Hi,

I am using spacewalk 1.5 nightly and try to import SLES11 SP1 to a custom channel. Most of the packages
will import without problems but there are about 400 packages which have duplicate dependencies.

-- snip --
365/369 : yast2-printer-2.17.63-0.2.43-0.x86_64
(54, '942', '\n     Package Upload Failed due to uniqueness constraint violation.\n     Make sure the package does not have any duplicate dependencies or\n     does not already exists on the server\n     ')
366/369 : yast2-qt-pkg-2.18.20-1.2.35-0.x86_64
(54, '942', '\n     Package Upload Failed due to uniqueness constraint violation.\n     Make sure the package does not have any duplicate dependencies or\n     does not already exists on the server\n     ')
367/369 : yelp-lang-2.28.1-1.1.163-0.x86_64
(54, '942', '\n     Package Upload Failed due to uniqueness constraint violation.\n     Make sure the package does not have any duplicate dependencies or\n     does not already exists on the server\n     ')
368/369 : zenity-lang-2.28.0-1.1.230-0.x86_64
(54, '942', '\n     Package Upload Failed due to uniqueness constraint violation.\n     Make sure the package does not have any duplicate dependencies or\n     does not already exists on the server\n     ')
369/369 : zypper-1.3.7-0.2.1-0.x86_64
(54, '942', '\n     Package Upload Failed due to uniqueness constraint violation.\n     Make sure the package does not have any duplicate dependencies or\n     does not already exists on the server\n     ')
-- snip --

When examining the requirements of these packages there are a lot of (sles specific) multiple dependencies which are obviously manually defined, for example "suse_help_viewer" which can be found in three different packages (apache2, kdebase4-runtime and yelp). I am aware that this is a SLES specific problem, but as far as I know there had been a commitment from novell (or now attachemate) that the changes made for "Suse Manager" will come back to the spacewalk project.

So my question is:
* How can I get the whole SLES tree into spacewalk? Am I missing something? I have tried different approaches but all affort ends in the problem with the duplicated dependencies.

Any help is appreciated.

Best regards,

  Martin