[Spacewalk-list] 1.2 to 1.4 upgrade oracle conflicts

David Nutter davidn at bioss.ac.uk
Wed May 11 17:07:16 UTC 2011

On Wed, May 11, 2011 at 10:42:53AM -0600, Jason M. Nielsen wrote:
> Other than jabberd and osad this is a perfectly working SW 1.2 install.
> The oracle server is a completely separate server. Following the
> https://fedorahosted.org/spacewalk/wiki/HowToUpgrade. Im seeing major
> issues with dep problems. Are we supposed to be upgrading the oracle
> instant client to 11? Although some of the spacewalk repo oracle files
> appear to be 10.2 and others 11 but none are the same. Looking for
> suggestions.

Hi,

You should probably upgrade via 1.3 first. See:

https://fedorahosted.org/spacewalk/wiki/HowToUpgrade13

That will walk you through the oracle update step, and will also allow
you time to catch any errors that may occur in the 1.2->1.3 upgrade.

David Nutter  				Tel: +44 (0)131 650 4888
BioSS, JCMB, King's Buildings, Mayfield Rd, EH9 3JZ. Scotland, UK

Biomathematics and Statistics Scotland (BioSS) is formally part of The
James Hutton Institute (JHI), a registered Scottish charity No. SC041796
and a company limited by guarantee No. SC374831