[Spacewalk-list] For information: python-sgmlop package and spacewalk XMLRPC problems

Miroslav Suchý msuchy at redhat.com
Thu May 12 08:34:38 UTC 2011

On 05/11/2011 04:30 PM, David Nutter wrote:

> You get the picture. This change appears to be the one that kicked off the error:
>
> https://fedorahosted.org/spacewalk/changeset/d3fbbbec76e3c983bfd947ba4d6a4a0682508c81
>
> Anyway, deleting the package and restarting the spacewalk service got
> everything working again.

Indeed. You are right. BTW very nice investigation. Thanks for that.

> Possibly spacewalk-backend-server should conflict with python-sgmlop
> or explicitly check the parser type it is working with before setting
> unicode behaviour. However, it's probably not worth bothering with
> since python-sgmlop isn't exactly widely distributed from what I can
> see.

Well it is not needed per se. But if you have it. Then the XML is much
faster.
It may be easy fix to put conflict there, bug I would rather not
conflict with python-sgmlop. I will investigate if there is some other
possibility to make it work together with python-sgmlop.

--
Miroslav Suchy
Red Hat Satellite Engineering