[Spacewalk-list] For information: python-sgmlop package and spacewalk XMLRPC problems

Miroslav Suchy msuchy at redhat.com
Mon May 16 16:31:42 UTC 2011

Dne 16.5.2011 15:57, Jan Pazdziora napsal(a):
> Can't you .hasattr() it or do similar check, rather than address
> it on the .spec level? That Conflict might make things harder for
> people who will be upgrading and will have the package installed.
>
> If the use of python-sgmlop is optional anyway (on RHELs), is there a
> way*not*  to use it even if the package itself is installed?

Yes and no.

Everything is possible. But the code for loading python-sgmlop is in
xmlrpclib. So you either has to sent patch to python and make it to
RHEL5 (good luck on that) or make some ugly hackish thing in our code
and change the parser sometime in runtime. And I do not want even think
about this one.

And if you meant put in in front of change in
d3fbbbec76e3c983bfd947ba4d6a4a0682508c81
then yes, that is possible too. And it will work, till you send unicode
over wire.
E.g when you puth some ord(char)>128 in name of you profile and try to
use some backend API where you pass systemID, which is unfortunately
every client action. In such situation you will get back 401.

I would much prefer having deterministic code, so I put there conflict
there.
I hope I answered you question.

Mirek