[Spacewalk-list] Username 5 Character minimum

Coy Hile coy.hile at coyhile.com
Mon May 16 22:01:40 UTC 2011

On Mon, May 16, 2011 at 8:46 PM,  <jdfire at cox.net> wrote:
> Hello All,
>
> I have ran into an issue where I need to create a username that is smaller than 5 characters. I am currently using LDAP to perform authentication and this user is using the same username for other systems. Is there anyway to change this setting within Spacewalk?
>
> I have searched and found a link pointing to Red Hats KB but I am not a customer and unable to reach the KB. If you could post instruction on this mailing list it would be helpful.

There's no way to do it via the UI.  I've done it via creating a user
via the UI and then changing the relevant column in the table that
contains the usernames.  (In a test scenario, I was authenticating via
PAM, and my username was 'hile', so I initially created my SW user as
'coyhile' and changed it manually.)

It was a simple UPDATE query in Oracle to do so.