[Spacewalk-list] Malformed utf-8 character in oracle db

Sascha Bendix sascha.bendix at 360t.com
Tue May 17 15:53:59 UTC 2011

Hi,

I had a Spacewalk 1.1 Installation which I updated step-by-step upgrade up to version 1.4. Because I'm curious I also want to give the PostgreSQL backend a try and wanted to follow the instructions on https://fedorahosted.org/spacewalk/wiki/PostgreSQLFromOracle.

Currently I get during the spacewalk-dump-schema the following message:
Malformed UTF-8 character (fatal) at /usr/bin/spacewalk-dump-schema line 121.

It seems that there is a non-UTF-8 encoded character in somewhere around changelog entry 685488. Could that be the case?

Is there an easy fix for this? Can I securely just delete the line or use a tool that fixes this?

Regards,

Sascha Bendix

believed to be clean.