[Spacewalk-list] Spacewalk 1.4 & feedbacks about postgreSQL support

Jeff Moody jeff.moody at evscorporation.com
Thu May 19 17:58:03 UTC 2011

I have a PostgreSQL backend Spacewalk 1.4 server and am working on moving back to Oracle.

I've been having issues with OSAD not functioning, config file deployment daily diffs throwing tracebacks, and profile-syncs not functioning 100% of the time.

I will concede that I'm running my Spacewalk server in a VM off of NAS storage which is exceptionally busy and a mite unstable...so I may have other environmental factors affecting these behaviors, but since I've gotten the Oracle DB running and connected, it's seemed faster and more stable than the PostgreSQL backend.

----

Jeff Moody
Senior Systems Engineer

Electronic Vaulting Services