[Spacewalk-list] python-hwdata

Miroslav Suchy msuchy at redhat.com
Sun May 22 21:24:59 UTC 2011

Dne 21.5.2011 01:34, Larry Letelier napsal(a):
> in the "client-repo"
>
> http://spacewalk.redhat.com/yum/1.4-client/Fedora/14/x86_64/
>
> why python-hwdata for 13 and not for 14 ?

Because it was not rebuild for last of half year. And it is completely
OK to have in F14 some package with f13 dist tag. If dependencies are
satisfied, then rpm/yum should not worry.

And even more, in Fedora, the package has been rebuilt:
http://koji.fedoraproject.org/koji/packageinfo?packageID=10271

Which reminds me, that it should be safe to remove it from our repo
since it is in Fedora now...

> I have difficulties to register a client via kickstart following the
> procedure described here
>
> https://fedorahosted.org/spacewalk/wiki/RegisteringClients

I would guess, that python-hwdata is not cause of your difficulties.
Do you have some error message or log to share with us?

Mirek Suchy