[Spacewalk-list] Postgres spacewalk

Gerald redhat at jerry.at
Wed Nov 2 15:43:41 UTC 2011

I'm using spacewalk 1.5/postgres with about 100 hosts.

It's horrible slow with postgres compared to oracle, but with oracle I've
hit the limits of the free Oracle XE edition so
I had to update. I'm not a big oracle fan, but now I'm wishing I had that
performance again.

Problems:
I hit problems on registering new systems, with osad and importing large
repos like rpmforge takes now about a week.
It seems that a lot of open transactions (from osa?) are causing performance
problems on postgres.
Hope that could be improved in the next version.

Just my 2 cents,
Gerald