[Spacewalk-list] problems with spacewalk configuration

Mark Yowan myowan at ithaca.edu
Tue Nov 15 15:52:32 UTC 2011

to keep your channels in sync:
/usr/bin/satellite-sync

to push updates to clients from what I understand is that you need the
tools sub-channel installed.
here are my notes on it:
* to install a tools channel
satellite-sync -c rhn-tools-rhel-x86_64-server-5

* in satellite, once you install a sub channel you need to alter a
machine subscriptions in the satellite
gui to include that subchannel to install packages from it.
then on the server run:
yum clean all
yum check-update

yum clean
yum install osad-5.9.10-5.el5sat.noarch

on the spacewalk/satellite server: service osa-dispatcher start
on the client:
vi /etc/sysconfig/rhn/osad.conf
make
osa_ssl_cert = /usr/share/rhn/RHN-ORG-TRUSTED-SSL-CERT
server_name = thehostnameofyoursatelliteserver

on client run: yum install python-hashlib

on client run: service osad start

After that you should be able to push out updates from the satellite webui.

On 11/15/2011 3:50 AM, PANKAJ KUMAR wrote:
> hello,
> I'm trying to implement spacewalk in the firm. It was successfully
> installed. I successfully added system to spacewalk sattelite also.
> But, it fails when i do any scheduling on client like, if i want to
> install mysql on a client, it always show pending task. it is attached
> to channel successfully.
> My second problem is about how to get the updates for a channel.
> Actually, i made up a channel 'rhel5.2' and populated it with 5.2
> redhat server 32 bit dvd using rhnpush. Now i want to keep this is
> channel upgraded. I dont knw the urls from where is will fetch
> updates. My spacewalk server is registered with rhn sattelite. help me
> as soon as possible. Im needed to complete it as fast as possible...
> PLSSS...
>
> ---regards---
> Pankaj Kumar

Mark D. Yowan