[Spacewalk-list] Errata published before rpm is in spacewalk

Speagle, Andy andy.speagle at wichita.edu
Thu Nov 17 13:09:57 UTC 2011

> Hello,
> I've set up a configuration using mrepo and rhn-clone-errata.py and hit
> into a problem:
> - On the 14th, at 7AM, rhn-clone errata imported 2 erratas
> (RHBA-2011:1448 and 1447) but the packages where not in mrepo sync
> - mrepo is launched everyday at 10PM. On the 14th at 10PM, the packages
> have been downloaded... but the errata remained with no associated
> packages.
>
> I think that the problem is due to rhn-clone-errata.py being launched at
> 7AM and mrepo at 10PM. Do you know when RedHat publishes the erratas and
> associated packages?

Hi Pierre, I couldn't speak to the schedule, but I ran into this in the past, so I tend to run the errata cloning shortly after my package syncs.  Since I'm no longer cloning errata to child channels in Spacewalk, if an errata gets ahead of the packages, it's not generally a big deal.  When the package arrives later, all is good.

In the rhn-clone-errata.py script, I'm already checking to see if the packages are missing and alerting about it.  In addition to applying the patch you sent me, I can add an option that makes the script skip any errata for which packages are missing.  Or perhaps make that the default behavior and add an option to ignore missing packages.

What say you?

-Andy