[Spacewalk-list] how-to create a usb kickstart for spacewalk

Jonathan DeHaan jdehaan at nexstar.tv
Thu Nov 17 23:05:04 UTC 2011

Lawrence,

I think most of the people using spacewalk do their kickstarting via PXE
or koan. These have the advantage of working purely over the network,
without having to physically visit each server. Can you describe a use
case for the USB kickstarting which would not be better served by one of
those two?

Jonathan

On 11/17/2011 04:37 PM, lawrence chiong wrote:
> Hello Everyone,
>
> I'm a neophyte for learning spacewalk. My problem at first is on how
> to create a USB kickstart supposing I will built a server via
> spacewalk. I appreciate if you could give me step-by-step guide on
> how-to from partitioning /format my USB to mounting my USB to copy
> files or to / from.
>
> Thanks in advance for your help.
>
> Junix
>
> spw greehorn