[Spacewalk-list] Traceback Errors when running 'apt-get update' - debian/ubuntu support

Simon Lukasik slukasik at redhat.com
Fri Nov 25 12:20:58 UTC 2011

On 11/24/2011 04:03 PM, mmontg1 at mindspring.com wrote:
> My sincerest apologies for the traceback.  I wasn't aware of this; it won't happen again.
>
> Thanks for the assistance...
>
> The patch applied to all 3 files successfully, and the exception is not thrown at this time.
>
>>> /var/lib/apt/lists/******_dists_channels:_main_binary-amd64_Packages
>
> Package: acct
> Version: 6.5.1-1ubuntu1
> Architecture: amd64
> Maintainer: Ubuntu Core Developers <ubuntu-devel-discuss at lists.ubuntu.com>
> Installed-Size: 117042
> Depends: libc6 (>=2.4), dpkg (>=1.15.4)|install-info)
> Filename: XMLRPC/GET-REQ/ubuntu-server-10.04-lucid-lts-x86_64/getPackage/acct-6.5.1-1ubuntu1.amd64-deb.deb
> Size: 117042
> MD5sum: 2a3bb2ab178c6e2d3ecf026149bfea65
> Section: admin
>  GNU Accounting Utilities is a set of utilities which reports and summarizes
>  data about user connect times and process execution statistics.
>  .
>  "Login accounting" provides summaries of system resource usage based on connect
>  time, and "process accounting" provides summaries based on the commands
>  executed on the system.
>  .
>  The 'last' command is provided by the sysvinit package and not included here.

Mmontg1,

I hope, I fixed Your problem with commit

    e6b4529e2162affa68a36c3cae7b5050101f2431

You can either wait for Spacewalk 1.6 release. Or manually apply the
patch and restart services.

Either way, you will need to remove affected packages (at least acct,
but perhaps more) and rhnpush them again.

Thanks for the report,

--
Simon Lukasik    Systems Management QA
slukasik at redhat.com      #satellite-qa