[Spacewalk-list] Spacewalk OSAD issues

Haskins, Chris (EXP N-Detica) chris.haskins at lmco.com
Thu Oct 6 13:35:41 UTC 2011

Hi,

I have been trying to setup OSAD to allow immediate delivery of packages from Spacewalk but I'm not having much joy.

I have installed OSAD in my client machine and on the Spacewalk web GUI there is an OSA status, but this is always showing as offline. I have tried clicking on the 'ping' link in order to get the Spacewalk server to recognise that the clients are OSA's are online. But they never achieved an online status.

I have looked through the log files for osad (/var/log/osad) on the client, the jabberd logs and the osa-dispatcher logs on the server but there are no errors.

However I have noticed that both the osa-dispatcher and osad are subscribing to 'none':

For example:

This doesn't look right to me, I'm sure they should subscribe to 'both'.

Does anyone know why this is happening and is there some configuration that I could tweak in order to get the osa-dispatcher and osad to subscribe to the correct jabber presence channel?

Regards,

Chris