[Spacewalk-list] Wrong kernel information in System Info

Michael Mraka michael.mraka at redhat.com
Fri Oct 7 14:49:24 UTC 2011

James McCabe wrote:
% Hi Pierre
%
% I had the same problem.  on the clients that were showing up with wrong
% kernels i just did a rhn-profile-sync  and then a rhn_check  and it worked
% for me. i think i also had to rhn_register on one of the and just
% reregistered it..    :-D

Hi,

running kernel version is checked on every rhn_check run.
So I did a test
1) register a client with more kernels installed,
2) check the kernel version installed (uname -r) and on webUI
3) reboot with a different kernel
4) check the kernel version installed (uname -r) and on webUI
both on RHEL5 and RHEL6 with stock and nightly client packages.
All four tests passed as expected.

The only mistake which comes on my mind - are you really running on new
kernel rather than just having it installed?

% Bubba
%