[Spacewalk-list] [SOLVED] Current packages in 1.6-nightly repo breaks Spacewalk

Scott Worthington scott.c.worthington at gmail.com
Thu Oct 20 17:35:28 UTC 2011

2011/10/20 Miroslav Suchý <msuchy at redhat.com>:

> In fresh-install it is located in postgres/end.sql and is dynamically
> created by create_varnull_constriants() function.
>
> But I forget that this is not called during upgrades. I will add it to
> upgrade script as well.
>
> --
> Miroslav Suchy
> Red Hat Satellite Engineering

Thank you!  I am glad to have asked questions and picked your brain.

My process, since I am tracking 1.6-nightly, is to watch for
spacewalk-schema changes, examine directory up upgrades of
spacewalk-schema...

   /etc/sysconfig/rhn/schema-upgrade/spacewalk-schema-1.5-to-spacewalk-schema-1.6/

...and applying (or diffing) any new incremental changes (such as new
patch files) that appear in that directory for postgresql.

And after applying the changes to postgresl/oracle, I apply the SQL in
the file...

(for postgresql)
/etc/sysconfig/rhn/postgres/upgrade-end.sql
By doing the following:
su postgres -
psql -d spaceschema -f /etc/sysconfig/rhn/postgres/upgrade-end.sql

(for oracle)
/etc/sysconfig/rhn/oracle/upgrade-end.sql
(I'm not running oracle, so I don't know how to apply these changes)

This seems to work for me.