[Spacewalk-list] Re-provision guest systems

Jonathan DeHaan jdehaan at nexstar.tv
Thu Oct 20 18:25:31 UTC 2011

Is there a particular reason that re-provisioning of guest systems is
disabled?

I can install spacewalk-koan on my guest, run 'koan
--server=ip.add.re.ss --replace-self
--profile=Kickstart:1:SpacewalkDefaultOrganization', and it will
reinstall, but it won't run the file preservation code, so I lose my SSH
keys.

Someone asked about this last year, hoping to change a server from
'guest' to 'non-virtual', but there were no replies at that time. I
can't see any reason that the re-provisioning of guests would be any
different than the re-provisioning of bare metal systems.

--
Jonathan DeHaan
Linux Systems Engineer