[Spacewalk-list] Package failing to deploy during kickstart

Tom McLaughlin tmclaugh at sdf.lonestar.org
Sat Oct 22 17:34:04 UTC 2011

(Looking through the archives and not sure if my reply ever went through)

On 10/9/11 6:10 AM, Jan Pazdziora wrote:
> On Fri, Sep 30, 2011 at 03:38:45PM -0000, tmclaugh at sdf.lonestar.org wrote:
>> Apologies, adding a subject now.
>>
>>> Hi all,
>>>
>>> I just did a 1.3 -> 1.4 -> 1.5 upgrade this week and in the process
>>> updated the spacewalk host to CentOS 5.7.  I have tried to kickstart my
>>> first host since the upgrade but it always fails on the redhat-logos
>>> package.  I can download the packages manually using the URL and I think
>>> I've tracked the problem down to a Tomcat issue and I've included the
>>> error below.  Has anyone else seen this and know how to fix it?  I found
>>> the same issue mentioned in the archives here but no resolution.  Does
>>> anyone have any clues what could be wrong?
> Could you check that you don't have the same package with different
> checksum in your Spacewalk?
>
> Also, aren't there more tracebacks in the catalina.out, after or before
> the one you've posted?
The checksums were fine as I recall and if I tried to retrieve the
package manually either via a browser or wget I had no problems.  There
wasn't anything more before or after as I recall either.  I eventually
decided to try creating a new channel from scratch.  That one worked
fine so I just migrated hosts to the new channel and dropped the old
one.  Sorry I can't be more help now. :-/

tom