[Spacewalk-list] Scheduled Actions Not Being Picked Up

Wojtak, Greg GregWojtak at quickenloans.com
Thu Oct 27 12:57:40 UTC 2011

Spacewalk 1.5, PostgreSQL back end, running on CentOS 6.  Some clients are behind a proxy running Spacewalk 1.5 on CentOS 6.

My trouble is that even though hosts appear to be checking in fine via OSA (they show as Online as of unknown in the Web UI), no scheduled actions are being picked up.  I'm running rhnsd as well, and that eventually grabs the actions and so does going out to a client and running rhn_check.  I don't see any errors being logged anywhere, but perhaps I'm looking in the wrong place - I've checked /var/log/rhn/osa-dispatcher, /var/log/messages (for jabberd errors) and I tried bumping up the debug for osad on the client.

It used to be that systems connecting directly to the satellite were working properly while those behind a proxy were getting a '500 Bad Gateway' message returned, even with running rhn_check.  Lately, it seems like that issue has resolved itself but now nothing works.

Any ideas on how I can debug this?

Thanks!

Greg