[Spacewalk-list] Use Spacewalk to install Suse Servers

Uwe Gansert ug at suse.de
Thu Sep 1 11:36:35 UTC 2011

on Wednesday 31 August 2011 trumpjk at gmail.com wrote:

> I am installing spacewalk and would like to use it to install and manage my
> Suse systems as well as my Red Hat and Fedora systems. Is it possible to
> auto install Suse systems using spacewalk?

yes, that should be possible.
You can not use the wizard in the UI to click an AutoYaST profile but you can
upload an XML file.
There are some patches in Cobbler too, so maybe you want to use the latest
version or at least:
http://download.opensuse.org/repositories/systemsmanagement/
this one.

--
ciao, Uwe Gansert

Uwe Gansert
SUSE LINUX Products GmbH, HRB 16746 (AG Nürnberg)
GF: Jeff Hawn, Jennifer Guild, Felix Imendörffer
Home: http://www.suse.de/~ug - Blog: http://suse.gansert.net