[Spacewalk-list] Kickstart falling in spacewalk 1.5

Jonathan DeHaan jdehaan at nexstar.tv
Thu Sep 1 14:43:24 UTC 2011

Anaconda ignores the repository metadata that is provided by spacewalk
for the base channel and only uses the metadata in the distribution
tree. If you add any packages to the base channel, you have to recreate
the metadata and put it in the distribution tree, or anaconda won't see it.

After the install, yum correctly pulls metadata for the base channel
from spacewalk directly.

Jonathan

On 09/01/2011 08:38 AM, André Freitas wrote:
> Hi,
>
> i have spacewalk 1.5 installed in a machine that has fedora 15 as it
> OS. I have created the fedora 15 distribution in spacewalk and created
> the following repos (base and child ones):  Fedora 15 64-bits, Fedora
> 15 Updates 64-bits, RPMFusion Free 64-bits, RPMFusion Free Updates
> 64-bits, RPMFusion NonFree 64-bits, RPMFusion NonFree Updates 64-bits
> and Spacewalk-Client 1.5 64-bits.
> I have created a minimum kickstart to install fedora. If i put the
> following packages to install in the kickstart
>
> rhn-client-tools
> rhn-check
> rhn-setup
> rhnsd
> m2crypto
> yum-rhn-plugin
> rhncfg-actions
> wget
> osad
>
> and try to use this kickstart in PXE, i get the information that some
> of the dependencies doesn't exit. The problem is that i confirm that
> all the packages are in the repos associated to the kickstart and
> activation key. If i remove the packages from the kickstart and use it
> to install in a target machine, i don't have problems when i try to
> "yum install" those packages after the installation (i edit yum.conf
> so that i have all the same repos that spacewalk uses to collect
> information when using spacewalk-repo-sync).
> Is there any log where i can try to see (in spacewalk-server) what is
> falling in the installation of the kickstart with the above packages?
>
> Best regards,
> André Freitas

Jonathan DeHaan
Linux Systems Engineer