[Spacewalk-list] package installs failing

Dustin Tenney tenney at gmail.com
Tue Sep 13 15:34:27 UTC 2011

I setup a new spacewalk 1.5 with pgsql.   Having trouble getting packages to
install.   When trying to install a package from the web interface or yum I
get:

Error: failed to retrieve repodata/primary.sqlite.bz2 from centos5-base
error was [Errno 14] HTTP Error 404: Not Found

I created the channels in the web interface and populated them with:

/usr/bin/spacewalk-repo-sync --channel centos5-base \
                             --url
http://mirror.centos.org/centos/5/os/x86_64/ \
                             --type yum

After doing that I see all the packages listed in the web interface, but
can't install anything.   I see this in the apache logs:

"GET /XMLRPC/GET-REQ/centos5-base/repodata/primary.sqlite.bz2 HTTP/1.1" 404

I noticed if I looked in /var/cache/rhn/reposync/centos5-base it has only a
primary.sqllite.

What did I do wrong here?  Thanks for the help.