[Spacewalk-list] Error while executing packages action: emptytransaction [[6]]

Brian Collins brianc at sedata.com
Tue Sep 13 21:50:27 UTC 2011

Yep.  There was a recent update to yum-rhn-plugin that introduced a bug that causes this exact problem (version 0.5.4-22.el5_7.1).  The long-term solution is to get the version of yum-rhn-plugin that was put out this week (version 0.5.4-22.el5_7.2).

I just set up a remote command on my machines that installed yum-rhn-plugin specifically.

Short-term, you can do:
-yum clean all
-rm -rf /var/cache/yum/*
-rhn_check -v

Funny note about the bug: it is only triggered by running 'rhn_check' with no options.  Adding any number of '-v' after the command doesn't trigger it.