[Spacewalk-list] Updates not seen as needed for clients

Michael Mraka michael.mraka at redhat.com
Thu Sep 15 09:46:55 UTC 2011

Pierre Casenove wrote:
% Still me and my issue... Sorry for bothering you.
% I found an error in rhn_taskomatic log. For information, I've upgraded my
% spacewalk pgsql install from 1.4 to 1.5. Could this be related to my issue?
%
% INFO   | jvm 1    | 2011/09/15 05:40:00 |
% com.redhat.rhn.common.db.WrappedSQLException: ERROR: relation "old_packages"
% already exists
% I have activated the statement logging in pgsql, and herre is what I get:
% ERROR:  relation "old_packages" already exists
% CONTEXT:  SQL statement "create temp table old_packages ( errata_id numeric,
% package_id numeric ) on commit drop"
%         PL/pgSQL function "update_needed_cache" line 7 at SQL statement
%         SQL statement "SELECT  rhn_server.update_needed_cache( $1 )"
%         PL/pgSQL function "update_needed_cache" line 12 at PERFORM
% STATEMENT:  select * from rhn_channel.update_needed_cache($1) as result

That seems to be the cause. update_needed_cache() is called to refresh
table with list of packages which should be upgraded on the client.
Ages ago we made change to the oracle version of the function but not to
the postgresql one... So I fixed postgresql counterpart and hope it
helps ;).

commit d51fb288da2226782ed18452dc766cb3256a19a2
package spacewalk-schema-1.6.16-1

Thanks for the report.

Michael Mráka
Satellite Engineering, Red Hat