[Spacewalk-list] osad problem

Jan Pazdziora jpazdziora at redhat.com
Tue Sep 20 07:56:58 UTC 2011

On Fri, Sep 09, 2011 at 07:13:45PM +0100, André Miguel Freitas wrote:

> i'm having a problem with a machine that was registered in spacewalk 1.5 trough pxe kickstart. The machine apears in spacewalk with 3 childs (the update one is not available yet because there is a bug in centos 6 which requires for update repo to be disabled at pxe instalation)
>
> [cid:1315591635.5290.8.camel at Ubi-K52JU]
>
> The problem is when the sal-bl8en1 reboots after instalation and i try to install any package
>
> [root at sal-bl8en1<mailto:root at sal-bl8en1> ~]# yum repolist
> Loaded plugins: fastestmirror, priorities
> repolist: 0
> [root at sal-bl8en1<mailto:root at sal-bl8en1> ~]# service osad restart

I don't see rhnplugin listed in the

	Loaded plugins: fastestmirror, priorities

line. So if the error you complein about here is that the channels are
not listed, I'd start with installing yum-rhn-plugin first (add it to
your kickstart).

> Shutting down osad:                                        [  OK  ]
> Starting osad: /usr/lib/python2.6/site-packages/jabber/jabber.py:68: DeprecationWarning: the sha module is deprecated; use the hashlib module instead
>   import sha, time
> 2011-09-09 19:08:06 jabber_lib.main: Unable to connect to jabber servers, sleeping 76 seconds
>                                                            [  OK  ]

Are you able to connect to port 5222 on the Spacewalk server? Aren't
iptables in your way?

--
Jan Pazdziora