[Spacewalk-list] Waiting for Tomcat to be ready...

Jan Pazdziora jpazdziora at redhat.com
Tue Sep 20 17:39:43 UTC 2011

On Tue, Sep 20, 2011 at 12:01:15PM -0400, Gomes, Rich wrote:
> Last week, I remove 1.5 and Oracle completely and re-installed as 1.4
>
> Everything looked great at first, services started, I configured some channels and registered some clients.
>

> But, I needed to restart the machine and the Tomcat issue reared its ugly head again.

Note that osa-dispatcher has *nothing* to do with osa-dispatcher. Tomcat
is just the next in the startup script.

So let's call this an osa-dispatcher issue.

> Here are the results of an strace.
>
> I am really confused as to what is causing this. I had similar results in 1.5 until a reboot and it also stopped working.
>
> I see a lot of errors in the strace but am  not sure what needs to be corrected. Is this a symptom or the actual problem?

[...]

> connect(5, {sa_family=AF_INET, sin_port=htons(5222), sin_addr=inet_addr("127.0.0.1")}, 16) = -1 ECONNREFUSED (Connection refused)

The osa-dispatcher cannot connect to jabberd, which is service started
before osa-dispatcher.

So you want to check service jabberd status, check if it listens on
the port 5222 at all, and the like.

--
Jan Pazdziora