[Spacewalk-list] Spacewalk and mrepo integration

Dag Wieers dag at wieers.com
Thu Sep 22 07:44:40 UTC 2011

Hi,

I am the author of a tool called mrepo/rhnget, which basically automates
the download of RPMs from Red Hat Network channels and offers them as
repositories. I came across some companies using a combined
mrepo/Spacewalk setup, and thanks to Google I found some references to
this list.

Since I learned that feeding a repository to Spacewalk is not that easy
and requires some magic, I was wondering whether it would be nice to have
some better integration of mrepo with Spacewalk, so the nightly cron job
running mrepo would automatically feed new packages into Spacewalk
channels.

Now before we can implement such integration, it is essential that we
understand how people are using mrepo and Spacewalk together in the field
and what other functionality is required for an integration as complete as
possible (eg. errata info, group info, filtering based on metadata, ...)

The more information we can collect regarding this, the better.

We recently moved mrepo development to Github, and I opened an issue at
Github to track information regarding Spacewalk integration at:

     https://github.com/dagwieers/mrepo/issues/26

If you are using mrepo and Spacewalk in your environment and you have some
feedback, ideas or code to share, please do so on the Github forum.

Thanks in advance,