[Spacewalk-list] Logins must be no shorter than 5 characters.

Coy Hile coy.hile at coyhile.com
Thu Sep 22 08:56:29 UTC 2011

On Thu, Sep 22, 2011 at 8:12 AM, Baptiste AGASSE
<baptiste.agasse at lyra-network.com> wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I use PAM (with LDAP) for authentication of spacewalk users and i've the same problem. Some of my users have a 4 characters login and they are not able to log in spacewalk due to this limitation.

I thought that there was a setting for that in rhn.conf, but I may be
mistaken. My own login on my systems is my surname, so I initially had
the same problem.

My hack was to create my user with a different login name and then
modify the data in the oracle tables directly.