[Spacewalk-list] rhncfg-client verify prints traceback against empty managed file list

Florian CROUZAT gentoo at floriancrouzat.net
Thu Sep 22 10:36:19 UTC 2011

Hi,

There is what appears to be a bug with 'rhncfg-client verify' and empty
managed file list.

My setup is the following:

# cat /etc/redhat-release
CentOS Linux release 6.0 (Final)

# rpm -qa | fgrep rhncfg
rhncfg-client-5.9.48-1.el6.noarch
rhncfg-5.9.48-1.el6.noarch
rhncfg-actions-5.9.48-1.el6.noarch
rhncfg-management-5.9.48-1.el6.noarch

Installed from the 1.3 spacewalk-client repo since my SW server here is
still running 1.3 (so maybe this issue as been solved, in which case I'm
sorry).

Here's what I have, rhncfg-client verify fails when the list of managed
files is empty.

# rhncfg-client list
No managed files.

# rhncfg-client verify
Traceback (most recent call last):
  File "/usr/bin/rhncfg-client", line 34, in <module>
    sys.exit(Main().main() or 0)
  File "/usr/share/rhn/config_common/rhn_main.py", line 187, in main
    handler.run()
  File "/usr/share/rhn/config_client/rhncfgcli_verify.py", line 159, in run
    maxlen = max(map(lambda x: len(x['status']), ret)) + 1
ValueError: max() arg is an empty sequence

And it works just fine when there is at least one file (of course)

# rhncfg-manager update -c foo-el6 /etc/sssd/sssd.conf
Pushing to channel foo-el6:
Local file /etc/sssd/sssd.conf -> remote file /etc/sssd/sssd.conf

# rhncfg-client verify
  /etc/sssd/sssd.conf

Thank you.
Florian