[Spacewalk-list] OSAD Problem with client/proxy

Jeremy Davis jdavis4102 at gmail.com
Fri Sep 23 15:18:38 UTC 2011

I am able to get to the ports on the proxy from the client. I performed a
tcpdump and the communication seems to be going just fine. No errors in
/var/log/messages where the jabber logs are being sent. It appears to be
working as it should but in the web ui it doesn't show online and the client
will not pick up instant actions. I also performed an rhn_check -vv and no
errors were displayed. Everything looks normal by what I can see but still
have this issue.

2011/9/23 Miroslav Suchý <msuchy at redhat.com>

> On 09/22/2011 06:46 PM, Jeremy Davis wrote:
> > Hello Mirek,
> >
> > Thank you for the reply. An rhn_check works fine. I do not see any
> > issues there. Actions get picked up within an hour as set for the rhnsd
> > service. It seems the issue is with the osad service. I turned up debug
> > and restart the osad service and I see no errors. I see that it tries to
> > register and actually does register as I see the registration on the
> > proxy server. Now when I look in Spacewalk the osa status shows offline
> > even after a ping. This is only happening on one proxy server ( I have
> > about 14 proxy servers). All other proxy servers appear to be working
> > fine. Any idea as to what could be the problem? I can also provide any
> > logs that you may want to look at.
>
> Osad is not working. Can you telnet to jabberd port from that proxy. Is
> that anything related in jabberd and osa/osad logs?
>

> --
> Miroslav Suchy
> Red Hat Satellite Engineering

Kind regards,