[Spacewalk-list] Installation/configuration issue 404 Error - File Not Found

Jan Pazdziora jpazdziora at redhat.com
Mon Sep 26 07:58:22 UTC 2011

On Sat, Sep 24, 2011 at 11:16:43PM -0400, Jim O'Donnell wrote:
> I just installed spacewalk 1.5 on Centos 5.6.  I am getting a 404 error on
> the sign in page.  I get an error when I start the spacewalk service.

[...]

>   File
> "/usr/lib/python2.4/site-packages/spacewalk/server/rhnSQL/driver_postgresql.
> py", line 85, in __call__
>
>     ret = self.cursor.execute(query, args)
>
> IntegrityError: null value in column "group_type" violates not-null
> constraint
>
> CONTEXT:  SQL statement "insert into rhnUserGroup ( id, name, description,
> max_members, group_type, org_id ) values (  $1 , 'Organization
> Administrators', 'Organization Administrators for Org ' ||  $2  || ' (1)',
> NULL,  $3 , 1 )"
>
> PL/pgSQL function "create_first_org" line 18 at SQL statement

Please check your /var/log/rhn/populate_db.log and cross-check it with
/etc/sysconfig/rhn/postgres/main.sql. You seem to be missing content
in the rhnUserGroupType table, so either the database population
failed (but then I wonder why spacewalk-setup did not fail on you)
or the content of that table got corrupted/deleted afterwards.

I don't think it has much in common with the 404 error you see but
your installation seems to be badly broken anyway, so let's focus at
one thing at a time.

--
Jan Pazdziora