From: James McCabe
Sent: Tue 9/13/2011 4:19 PM
To: spacewalk-list redhat com
Subject: [Spacewalk-list] Error while executing packages action: empty transaction [[6]]

my updates are failing when i try to update my satellite clients using my redhat satellite server running rhel 5.7. I schedule the event and after it gets picked up, it fails with the error

Client execution returned "Error while executing packages action: empty transaction [[6]]" (code -1)

i am able to run the yum update on the client and it will perform the updates but when going through the satellite server it errors out.

any ideas??

Thanks