[Spacewalk-list] Query eating Oracle DB TEMP space

Michael Mraka michael.mraka at redhat.com
Fri Apr 6 09:06:07 UTC 2012

Velayutham, Prakash wrote:
% Hi Michael,
%
% Here is a detailed response from our DBA.
%
% If you remove the first_rows hint from both the old query , the number of blocks retrieved is the same at 5826 versus 108981. This might decrease the usage of TEMP space. We can try it and monitor.

I observed the same behaviour so thank you for confirmation.
I commited a change which removed first_row hint from current queries to
spacewlk master branch (commit f8c71ef4ae14db95ba3650cac3b55f1f9f153c6b).

Thank you.

Michael Mráka
Satellite Engineering, Red Hat