[Spacewalk-list] EPEL Errata not syncing with spacewalk-repo-sync

James Hogarth james.hogarth at gmail.com
Wed Apr 11 10:28:49 UTC 2012

Hmm can't see anything in bugzilla but not sure if I'm missing something....

EPEL have errata here:
http://dl.fedoraproject.org/pub/epel/6/x86_64/repodata/updateinfo.xml.gz

I'm not sure when they added this - having been paying a lot of
attention there tbh but I don't recall it say 6 months or so ago....

Given they are publishing errata I figured it'd be nice to see it in
spacewalk....

A spacewalk-repo-sync results in the following however:

/usr/bin/spacewalk-repo-sync --channel epel_6_x64 --type yum
Repo URL: http://dl.fedoraproject.org/pub/epel/6/x86_64/
Packages in repo:              7187
No new packages to sync.
Repo http://dl.fedoraproject.org/pub/epel/6/x86_64/ has 1348 errata.
1326 errata skipped because of empty package list.
Sync completed.
Total time: 0:06:08

Looking at my spacewalk instance I can see the ~22 errata that have
been imported....

Checking the updateinfo.xml file and the entries such as
trafficserver-devel, zabbix-server-pgsql and so on definitely have a
package list but they are not in the spacewalk server and
spacewalk-repo-sync has ignored them....

Anyone got any ideas?

James