[Spacewalk-list] spacewalk-report Bug 601984

Jan Pazdziora jpazdziora at redhat.com
Thu Apr 12 06:32:38 UTC 2012

On Wed, Apr 11, 2012 at 11:52:43AM -0400, Josh.Mullis at cox.com wrote:
> The patch mentioned below never worked in our dev environment, so we did not apply it to prod.
> Although we finally upgraded to version 1.5 .
>
> However now instead of getting the oracle error, the command outputs the headers and just sits there.
> I have tried leaving it overnight just to be safe.
>

> [root at spacewalk ~]# spacewalk-report inventory
> server_id,profile_name,hostname,ip_address,registered_by,registration_time,last_checkin_time,kernel_version,packages_out_of_date,errata_out_of_date,software_channel,configuration_channel,entitlements,system_group,organization,virtual_host,architecture,hardware

In that case you are hitting a completely different issue.

You might want to ask your DBA to monitor the database (I assume that
while spacewalk-report inventory command sits there, Oracle database
process is spinning the CPU), get execution plans for the SQL command
in question, and figure out why its does not return.

--
Jan Pazdziora