[Spacewalk-list] Problems creating a Kickstart Distribution

Jan Pazdziora jpazdziora at redhat.com
Thu Apr 12 07:56:45 UTC 2012

On Wed, Apr 11, 2012 at 12:09:27AM +0100, James Hogarth wrote:

> > Further to this a restorecon -Rv on /var/lib/rhn/kickstarts changed
> > the type to spacewalk_data_t .... so why was it created with the wrong
> > context at the start... hmm...
>
> Apologies for the multiple emails.... but once I had run the
> restorecon, cleaned up the non-managed profile and deleted the old
> wizard one plus installed the syslinux package (to get pxelinux.0 in
> cobbler images so cobbler could start) then the wizard made kickstart
> afterwards worked....
>
> I'm not sure why the selinux context on the kickstarts directory was
> wrong

The problem is that cobbler insists on doing hardlinks. That means
that a single file (the same inode) exists under different paths.
Which in turn means that depending on the order in which you
restorecon your filesystem, the files will get different SELinux
labels.

The correct fix is to force cobbler to stop hardlinking files.

--
Jan Pazdziora