[Spacewalk-list] Spacewalk 1.5 to 1.7 upgrade - package search broken

Will Lovins wlovins at gmail.com
Tue Apr 17 15:31:29 UTC 2012

> In what log files were you searching for the errors? Do you see anything
> showing in /var/log/rhn/search/*.log ?
>
> MZ

My apologies. I somehow missed it, but the indexes needed to be
regenerated after the
migration. It was a simple fix. "service rhn-search cleanindex"
regenerated the indexes
properly. 10 minutes after restarting with cleanindex, I had 171 M of
indexes and search is
working again.

I did not realize that the indexes wouldn't be generated automatically
if they were
missing / didn't exist as the other aspects of search (such as
searching for a host)
worked perfectly after the migration.

Thank you.
-Will