[Spacewalk-list] Troubles installing on Debian

Michael Lustfield mlustfield at good-sam.com
Mon Apr 23 16:10:16 UTC 2012

I'm trying to install the spacewalk client on a Debian system.

sentinel2:~# rhnreg_ks --serverUrl=http://spacewalk.domain.tld/XMLRPC
--activationkey=1-deb --force
Traceback (most recent call last):
   File "/usr/sbin/rhnreg_ks", line 33, in <module>
     from up2date_client import rhnreg
   File "/usr/share/rhn/up2date_client/rhnreg.py", line 14, in <module>
     import up2dateUtils
   File "/usr/share/rhn/up2date_client/up2dateUtils.py", line 11, in
<module>
     import up2dateErrors
   File "/usr/share/rhn/up2date_client/up2dateErrors.py", line 188, in
<module>
     class SSLCertificateVerifyFailedError(RepoError, Error):
TypeError: Error when calling the metaclass bases
     duplicate base class Error

I used this repo
deb http://miroslav.suchy.cz/spacewalk/debian spacewalk-unstable ./

and, I was following this:
https://fedorahosted.org/spacewalk/wiki/RegisteringClients#Debian

but, rhnsd wasn't available. I installed apt-spacewalk rhncfg rhnpush

E: Package 'rhnsd' has no installation candidate

Any chance I could get some help with installing the client in Debian?
I'm on the IRC channel if that helps any.

This email transmission and any documents, files or previous
email messages attached to it may contain information that is
confidential or legally privileged. If you are not the intended
printing, distributing or use of this transmission is strictly
prohibited. If you have received this transmission in error,
please immediately notify the sender by telephone or return
email and delete the original transmission and its attachments
without reading or saving in any manner.

The Evangelical Lutheran Good Samaritan Society.