[Spacewalk-list] Size of "Kernel Options" text box for uploaded kickstart files too small

Uwe Gansert ug at suse.de
Wed Apr 25 11:35:36 UTC 2012

On 25.04.2012 13:12, Velayutham, Prakash wrote:

> I have 2 questions. Hopefully someone here can answer.
>
> 1. Is there a way to generate a kickstart for a SLES-based system using the "Create new kickstart profile" option? I have tried to do this several times, but the Kickstart file never gets generated as it is expecting several packages (pyOpenSSL, spacewalk-koan etc.) to be in one of the child channels for the kickstart to work, and none of these packages indeed exist for SLES (they are named differently).

no, that's not possible yet. You can only upload AutoYaST files at the
moment.
There are plans to add a wizard for AutoYaST too but that will take a while.

> 2. Alternatively, I am trying to upload a working AutoYast file via the kickstart uploader, but the "Kernel Options" and the "Post Kernel Options" boxes have size limitations (probably 64 characters). The same boxes have a size of 1024 when using the "Create a new kickstart profile" option, but not using the "Upload new kickstart file".

that's a known bug that I fixed a while ago for SUSE Manager.
I'll check if I forgot to send that patch upstream and in case I did
forget, I'll send it ASAP.

--
ciao, Uwe Gansert

SUSE LINUX Products GmbH, HRB 16746 (AG Nürnberg)
GF: Jeff Hawn, Jennifer Guild, Felix Imendörffer
Home: http://www.suse.de/~ug - Blog: http://suse.gansert.net