[Spacewalk-list] centos-6 + spacewalk-postgresql: problem with cobbler setup

Charlie Reddington linuxsysad007 at gmail.com
Fri Apr 27 20:03:52 UTC 2012

Hi Everyone,

I'm working on setting up a spacewalk server. Its running on a CentOS 6
x86_64 install. I'm following the guide found here ->
http://www.hitechsavvy.com/?p=259. I have also tried this one ->
http://computerglitch.net/bin/texts/CentOS6_Spacewalk_Server.php.

I skip the part with Selinux, as I use disabled or permissive, and I'm
still working on testing this entire thing.

>From what I can tell, the entire install works fine. I don't get any errors
until I run spacewalk-setup. I get through the db setup part, it populates,
I get through the SSL setup part fine too. But when it tries to config
cobbler, I get the following errors.

** SSL: Generating CA certificate.
** SSL: Deploying CA certificate.
** SSL: Generating server certificate.
** SSL: Storing SSL certificates.
* Deploying configuration files.
* Update configuration in database.
* Setting up Cobbler..
Traceback (most recent call last):
  File "/usr/bin/cobbler-setup", line 95, in <module>
    main()
  File "/usr/bin/cobbler-setup", line 73, in main
    answers = dict(loadFile(DEFAULTS))
TypeError: 'NoneType' object is not iterable
* Restarting services.

I can get into spacewalk, and for the most part, everything seems working.
I can add repos, it syncs them, I can add a client to the system, etc.

I started digging into the errors and I found the following.

> spacewalk-setup calls cobbler-setup. In cobbler setup, it is expecting to
have this path and file in place /usr/share/cobbler/installer_templates and
the file 'defaults'. None of these where created on the cobbler install via
EPEL. I have tried creating those files and directories as empty, but it
obviously expects some data in there.

Software installed...

http://txtdump.org/8E11oXF1

Thoughts?