[Spacewalk-list] The SSL certificate failed verification

Kazi Hossain kazineel at gmail.com
Mon Apr 30 19:39:27 UTC 2012

Hi,

Yes I did . and finally use this command
In client /usr/share/rhn/up2date
sslCACert=/usr/share/rhn/RHN-ORG-TRUSTED-SSL-CERT

In server
sslCACert=/usr/share/rhn/RHN-ORG-TRUSTED-SSL-CERT

>From Client-- I used this command

rhnreg_ks --force
--serverUrl=https://ivlspacewalk.test.com/XMLRPC--sslCACert=/usr/share/rhn/RHN-ORG-TRUSTED-SSL-CERT
--activationkey=1-redhat6

Thanks
kazi

On Mon, Apr 30, 2012 at 3:13 PM, Pierre Casenove <pcasenove at gmail.com>wrote:

> Have you modified /etc/sysconfig/rhn/up2date to point the correct SSL
> certificate?
>
> 2012/4/30 Kazi Hossain <kazineel at gmail.com>:
> > Hi,
> > When I try to register client machine then I got this error
> >
> > An error has occurred:
> > <class 'up2date_client.up2dateErrors.SSLCertificateVerifyFailedError'>
> > See /var/log/up2date for more information
> >
> > Log file
> >

> > File "/usr/sbin/rhnreg_ks", line 89, in main
> >     rhnreg.getCaps()
> >   File "/usr/share/rhn/up2date_client/rhnreg.py", line 246, in getCaps
> >     s.capabilities.validate()
> >   File "/usr/share/rhn/up2date_client/rhnserver.py", line 156, in
> > __get_capabilities
> >     self.registration.welcome_message()
> >   File "/usr/share/rhn/up2date_client/rhnserver.py", line 64, in __call__
> >     raise up2dateErrors.SSLCertificateVerifyFailedError()
> > <class 'up2date_client.up2dateErrors.SSLCertificateVerifyFailedError'>:
> The
> > SSL certificate failed verification.
> >

> > From server:
> > I copied "RHN-ORG-TRUSTED-SSL-CERT" from /var/www/html/pub to
> > /usr/share/rhn/
> >
> > Can you tell me how to solve this problem?
> >
> > THanks
> > kazi

     I'm an idealist. I don't know  where i
         am going but i am on the way.......