[Spacewalk-list] spacewalk-dobby problem

Jan Pazdziora jpazdziora at redhat.com
Wed Aug 1 08:17:39 UTC 2012

On Tue, Jul 31, 2012 at 09:08:06PM +0200, redhat at aukes.com wrote:
> stefano ciavarella <stefano.ciavarella at ...> writes:
>
> >(1 row)ERROR:  relation "rhn_appinst_instance_id_seq" does not existLINE 1:
> select pg_catalog.setval('rhn_appinst_instance_id_seq', 1,
> f...                                 ^

This means the schema that you've dumped is of version 1.6, or your
original upgrade from 1.6 to 1.7 failed. In any case, if loading the
dump failed this way, your database is in inconsistent state and I
don't recomment proceeding with using it.

> I get exactly this error. I followed all the instructions from
> https://fedorahosted.org/spacewalk/wiki/PostgreSQLFromOracle
>
> My database schema is 1.8.66-1.el5:
>
> root at solar data# /usr/bin/spacewalk-schema-upgrade Schema upgrade:
> [spacewalk-schema-1.8.66-1.el5] -> [spacewalk-schema-1.8.66-1.el5]
> Your database schema already matches the schema package version
> [spacewalk-schema-1.8.66-1.el5].

Is this command run on the Oracle (before dump) or on PostgreSQL
installation?

> But my 'spacewalk-setup', used to setup the initial database
> is from a package with version number 1.8.14:
>
> root at solar data# rpm -qf `which spacewalk-setup`
> spacewalk-setup-1.8.14-1.el5
>
> Could that be the problem? (I'm running nightly builds)

I don't recommend running nightly builds unless for testing as you
won't be able to upgrade to 1.8 once it is released.

The difference between the spacewalk-schema and spacewalk-setup
package versions is expected and not a cause of problem.

--
Jan Pazdziora