[Spacewalk-list] Installing spacewalk on RHEL 6.3

Boyd, Robert Robert.Boyd at peoplefluent.com
Wed Aug 1 16:13:57 UTC 2012

I see your point.

This is what's on the web page.

>When using RHEL 6, make sure you are subscribed to following RHN channel:
>
>*Red Hat Optional Server 6

At first I thought I had already done this.   The statement doesn't give any instruction on how to make sure.  I knew I was already subscribed to RHEL6 updates and thought I had subscribed to everything.   But I hadn't and didn't realize how to "make sure."  I suggest adding a sentence or 2 that spells it out for those of us who might be weaker with our yum-fu.  And I like cookbook instructions to be "complete" and spell out things like this.   Make it so everyone knows exactly how to do it.

I suggest the additional text might look like this:

In order to see if you are subscribed enter this command:
Yum repolist | grep rhel-6-server-optional-rpms

If you see a line like this you are all set:
rhel-6-server-optional-rpms Red Hat Enterprise Linux 6 Server - Optional  5,154

If not, you will want to subscribe by entering this command:
yum-config-manager --enable rhel-6-server-optional-rpms